What are All-On-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement option for those who are missing an entire arch of teeth. That means all the teeth on the top or all the teeth on the bottom. The revolutionary aspect of this approach is that we can replace all your teeth per arch on just four dental implants when traditionally, you would need a dental implant per tooth. Minneapolis all-on-4 dental implants are less invasive and offer many benefits over other types of tooth replacement.
Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that replaces your entire tooth, including the tooth’s root. Besides holding your teeth in place, your tooth root has the important job of providing jawbone stimulation so you can retain your facial shape.
Your dental implant is a titanium post that we surgically insert into your jawbone. The post acts like your tooth’s root. On top of the implant, we place a natural-looking ceramic denture. The dentures act as the visible parts of your teeth, allowing you to chew and speak clearly, as well as laugh and smile with abandon.
- Best tooth replacement option
- Surgically implants 4 titanium posts topped with a denture
- Replaces all the teeth in an arch with only 4 dental implants
All-On-4 Dental Implant Process?
The all-on-4 dental implant process is similar to that of a singular dental implant. First, you’ll come in for a consultation where you’ll meet Dr. Bril and discuss your smile goals. He’ll perform a dental exam where he will assess the condition of your mouth, teeth, and gums.
At your next appointment, he’ll perform any extractions you may need before getting all-on-4 dental implants. If you need extractions, you’ll also need time to heal. Healing time for extractions vary person to person, but typically your healing will take 3-4 months. If you have gum disease, Dr. Bril will treat it before placing your implants.
On the day of your dental implant surgery, be sure to have someone drive you to your appointment and pick you up afterward. The surgery takes about 2-3 hours, during which you’ll be sedated and comfortable. Dr. Bril will place your implants and a temporary denture. Don’t worry; the denture is natural-looking and will give you a beautiful smile. It’s simply not as strong as your permanent denture will be.
After 4-6 months of healing, your permanent denture will be placed, and you’ll have a brilliant, natural-looking, and natural-feeling new smile.
- First appointment: Consult and oral exam
- Second appointment: Extractions and/or cleaning of gum disease
- 3-4 months of healing
- Third appointment: All-on-4 dental implant surgery
- 4-6 months of healing
- Fourth appointment: Placement of your permanent denture
- Smile! You have a new set of beautiful teeth!
All-On-4 Dental Implant Candidacy
You might be wondering, am I a candidate for all-on-4 dental implants? You’re a candidate for all-on-4 dental implants in Minneapolis if
- You are missing all your teeth or an entire arch of teeth.
- You are looking to replace your dentures with dental implants.
- You are fit for surgery.
- You have adequate jawbone density. (Ask Dr. Bril if you’re unsure about your jawbone density!)
- You want a new, flawless smile!
All-On-4 Dental Implant Benefits
The benefits of all-on-4 dental implants are numerous.
- All-on-4 dental implants are permanent.
- You never have to take them out.
- Maintenance is easy, just brush and visit your Minneapolis dentist as recommended.
- You can eat all your favorite foods without restrictions.
- They’re natural-looking and natural-feeling
- They replace the entire function of your teeth.
- All-on-4 dental implants allow you to speak without denture slippage or speech impediments.
- Transfer the bite force to your jawbone–that means no soreness when chewing!
- They retain your jawbone to
- Retain your facial shape
- Prevent wrinkles
- Prevent turkey neck
- Prevent a sunken-looking face
If you think all-on-4 dental implants are for you, call your Minneapolis restorative dentist at (952) 944-2052 or make an appointment online. One of our team members will be in touch with you shortly.
Replacing Dentures with All-On-4 Dental Implants
Replacing dentures is one of the biggest reasons people in Minneapolis get all-on-4 dental implants. Depending on the type of denture you have, they can be uncomfortable and not very well-fitting. Many denture wearers report pinching and sores on their gums and cheeks because dentures concentrate your bite and chewing force on your gums. People with ill-fitting dentures can also experience slippage when eating, talking, and laughing as well as whistling when talking. These denture pitfalls are non-existent with all-on-4 denture implants, which is why they’re so popular for denture wearers in Minneapolis.
You can get all-on-4 dental implants with our top-tier denture from the Denture Fountain of Youth for the most natural-looking ceramic cosmetic dentures. It’s the best of both worlds. If you are a Minneapolis denture wearer and want to see if you’re a candidate for all-on-4 dental implants, call (952) 944-2052 or make an appointment online.
- Dentures can be uncomfortable.
- Many people choose to replace their old dentures with dental implants.
- You can get dentures from the Denture Fountain of Youth permanently attached to your all-on-4 dental implants.
Replace Your Missing Teeth with All-On-4 Dental Implants in Minneapolis
You don’t have to live with missing teeth or ill-fitting dentures. Call (952) 944-2052 or make an appointment online. Your new smile is right around the corner.